Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the species of mold that is found in your home or property can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on pets, clothing and shoes. It is basically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your residence. You need to take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the type of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert that can orchestrate the best way to treat it and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be a long project. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, your prime option is to work with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your property on top of major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it remains without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the variety of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist in making your residence free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It grows in damp, porous environments like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold environments and migrates rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in soft goods and grows and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing necessary to remove dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.