Black Mold Remediation in Elizabethtown, KY
Water damage repair and mold remediation are two of our main services at Paul Davis of Elizabethtown. When water damage affects your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We respond instantly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the know-how to carefully and expertly take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Paul Davis’s one-stop resolution includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial procedures.
- Progressive equipment and technology identifies the source and isolates the spot, halting its growth.
What is Black Mold?
Every homeowner dreads black mold. It is a noxious fungus that sneaks in unnoticed, and then engrosses the area around it. Mold is all around us – indoors and out – just waiting for the situation it needs to take root and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie dormant almost indeterminately, until they encounter dark, damp areas to stay in. The toxins in black mold can be poisonous to humans and animals. It is part of a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as risky.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go unnoticed for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it immediately grows and discharges toxins that make life miserable for residents:
- Mold releases a pungent, musty odor that prevents rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold creates problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more lengthy the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the setting where it thrives must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be efficiently dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can saturate hidden portions of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep coming back to these spots.
What We Do
- Our team will inspect the area and evaluate visible and hidden damage triggered by water and mold, and what must be done to stop further damage.
- We quarantine the mold so that it can’t spread to wider areas.
- We use modern air filtration procedures to remove spores from the air.
- We remove mold and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we administer antimicrobial substances to defeat the remaining mold.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We return the area to its pre-damaged condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no procedure can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unfavorable to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Elizabethtown right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been conceded, our fast, thorough, proficiently trained technicians will take care of your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to return things to their pre-damaged state.